My Blog List

Welcome

LatEsT bLabbEriNgs..

08/05/2012

Decisive Element?


Yesterday in the library while i was supposed to find some extra reading reference for my upcoming Philosophy and Education in Malaysia exam, i came across a book that was once mentioned by my Child Development lecturer.
Never had a thought or even expected that my eyes would lay on the books, because, i believed the library doesn't has such books. But i was proved wrong! Ah..
But anyhow, i didn't lose anything but instead gained something for i always wanted to read it..
sure you're getting into nuts thinking why on earth I am dragging these like a chewing gum. right? haha.. sorry.. :p

anyway, this was the book..

*a book to inspire the teacher-to-be,

*a book to rejuvenate the dying passion in teachers who feels miserable with the attitude of the students nowadays or etc.
*a book to remember teachers or at least a teacher who had inspired each of us when we were in school..

among all the stories and quotes in the books, this particular one really caught my attention.



I've come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a person’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a person humanized or de-humanized. ~ Haim  Ginott


i strongly believe that this does not only apply to teachers, but every other human being on this face of earth. 
why i said so, 
because, in every human there's two wolves. the good one and also the bad one.

and i can actually interpret it in few ways.
1) I am the most powerful person for i can decide how you're day is going to be.
2) Moods are the keys to how your day is going to be.
3) I can be good and neither way too.
4) People especially Teachers play a very important role in others life.

so what i can conclude is that,
i may have thousands of problems, but should never i give a chance to emotions to dominate me for i do somehow effect the lives of those around me. let it be my loved ones, classmates nor students. i do give an impact to people around me. 
 I possess a tremendous power to make a person’s life miserable or joyous.
moral of the story, learn to dominate your heart and emotions. Don't let them dominate you, for many peoples lives are attached in it. :)








0 0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...